Great project!

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I have been looking forever for a Facebook Connect integration to Community Server. Thank you very much! I know it's still early, but I had two questions that maybe you can answer:

1) I downloaded the project but didn't see any source code for the dlls. Any chance that can be posted as well?

2) Does this support, or do you plan to put it in, the ability to post activity message entries to a user's Facebook account? That would be a great feature since it seems like a natural way that CS and Facebook would integrate.

Thank you for your time!

Jeremy

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:41 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I agree.  This REALLY kicks ass and I am very excited that it is being developed.  Nexus has an offering for Facebook Connect and CS2008.5, but it's pricey, limited, and you have to pay annual fees. Mad props for this project, I'm going to tell everyone about it!

Regarding your request for the source code.... click the "Source Code" button that is two to the right from the "Discussions" button at the top of this page (The main, horizontal navigation bar).

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Jeremy,

Sorry for the late reply. I do plan on integrating the activity feed and your Facebook stream, but I don't know when exactly that is going to be done. I would like some feedback about what is most wanted out of the TODO list from the project. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.